Children’s bedroom ideas
More than just a place for sleeping, your child’s bedroom is a special space where they can play, spend time with friends, learn and grow. We’ve provided the following design basics and bedroom ideas to help you decorate your child’s bedroom and ensure that it will see them through their tots to teens:
- Paint the walls in a neutral colour. With kids’ tastes changing almost as quickly as they grow, this will give you the flexibility to inexpensively change the look and feel of the room in an instant, simply by adding bedding, accessories and other decor items in colours that your children adore.
- Create a theme with posters or wall decals that can be changed as your child grows.
- Choose furniture that’s sturdy and in a simple and timeless style. Opt for beds made from materials like steel or wood as they are durable, long-lasting, work well with any colour and can be used for a child of any age.
- Flooring is a big investment, so you’ll want to choose a flooring option that is hardwearing and won’t go out of style quickly. Stick with neutral floor options that go well with a number of decorating styles. Hardwood or laminate floors are ideal for a kid’s room as they are easy to keep clean. You could always add colourful rugs with non-slip latex backing for warmth and comfort underfoot as well as to ensure that your little one can romp around safely.
- Involve your kids in the decorating process by allowing them to choose some of the finishes. This will ensure that their private space reflects their personality and who knows; maybe they’ll even keep it clean! Make sure that the items chosen are practical and easy to maintain.
- Keeping a child’s room neat and tidy is a chore for both parents and children, which is why loads of storage space is a kid’s bedroom essential. Invest in decorative boxes, shelves or a chest of drawers to store all their toys, books, clothes, sports and school awards as well as other miscellaneous items.
With your child having a beautifully decorated bedroom from Mokki, being sent to their rooms will be a pleasure!
*This article was sponsored by Mokki