Eco-friendly decking solutions
Wood plastic composite decking is a material on the rise in the home improvement industry and for good reason. This eco-friendly decking solution is cost-effective, easy to maintain and have a strong level of longevity.
Benefits of composite decking:
There are many advantages of using composite for your decking, some of which include:
- Weather resistant
- Very little maintenance
- Simple to install (can be done as a DIY project)
- Slip resistant
- Does not splinter
- Resistant to decay and rot
- Hard-wearing and long-lasting
TimberMax supplies WPC decking from EcoTech, and advises the following when caring for your decking:
- There will be maintenance required regarding oily marks and general cleaning.
- Customers often end up oiling the product.
- The spacing between the substructure joists of a composite deck needs to be no more than 300mm.
- If there is a major price difference between two different composite decking products one should consider that the cheaper product is probably not of the same quality as the more expensive option.
- A lower quality composite decking poses a serious risk of disintegrating and crumbling after a relatively short period of time being exposed to the elements.
- Composite decking is prone to shrinkage and expansion along the length of the decking boards and this often leads to gaps opening and closing between end-to-end joints.
If you keep the above-mentioned points in mind, you’ll ensure that your WPC decking lasts a long time and creates a beautiful and eco-friendly decking solution to extend your outdoor spaces.
*This article was sponsored by TimberMax