How to create the bedroom theme of your dreams
Your bedroom should be a place where you can retreat, relax, rest and recharge, which is why decorating it with a theme that’s peaceful, comforting and beautiful to you, is so important. Furthermore, your bedroom, more than any other room in your home, should be an expression of your personality, so pick a decorating bedroom theme to transform an ordinary room into a special space that’s uniquely you.
Steps to creating your dream bedroom theme:
- Whether you want your bedroom to resemble the outdoors, the beach, your favourite travel destination, a particular era or design style, choose a theme that expresses your personality and evokes your desired atmosphere.
- Set the stage for your themed room by painting the walls. If you are renting and unable to paint, hang fabric or large artwork instead. If you’re going for a beach theme, for example, paint the walls in a light yellow shade or hang a painting of a sunny beachscape to fill the space with a warm and welcoming feel.
- Fill the room with furnishings that fit the theme. If you’ve chosen a pretty country theme, then get yourself a bed, dressing table and cupboards in natural pine or oak. For a nautical look, choose bedroom furniture made with rough-hewn or whitewashed wood
- Pick bedding and linen that complement and accentuate the theme of the room. If you want to create a space inspired by the outdoors for instance, you could use a comforter with a fern leaf design in hues of beige and green together with throw pillows in soft greens, tans and browns.
- Accessorise the room with ornaments and artwork that pull the theme together. Finish off a Moroccan-themed room with decorative floor cushions in bright jewel tones, mirrors with embellished frames, tapestries and small iron and brass accessories such as vases, candlesticks and lanterns.
With a beautiful themed bedroom, you can start and end each day in a space that’s special.