Remodelling your kitchen
According to real estate experts, remodelling your kitchen is one of the best ways of improving the resale value of your home. If you are on a budget but would like to update your kitchen, you can get the most bang for your buck without breaking the bank by using the following tips and tricks:
- A splash of paint can work wonders and will instantly make your kitchen appear transformed. If you’re feeling brave, opt for a completely different colour scheme to the one you had previously or play it safe with white for a clean, fresh look.
- Replacing your taps and sink is an inexpensive and quick remodelling fix. You can make your taps even more budget-friendly by installing tap aerators to reduce the amount of water you use — saving you money on your water bills and the environment. Tap aerators reduce the flow of water but at the same time introduce air bubbles to add volume.
- Since your cabinets take up the bulk of the space in your kitchen, replacing their doors can really update the look and feel of the room. Look for options that will enable you to add style without spending too much money. If your budget prevents you from replacing the cabinet doors entirely, then simply replace the knobs and handles.
- Look to laminates as an inexpensive option for refurbishing your old countertops. They come in an array of colours, patterns, textures and finishes to suit the style of your kitchen.
- Although the lighting in your kitchen needs to be functional, it can give the room a fabulous facelift too.Â Combining lighting types can have a positive impact on the appearance of your kitchen. Overhead ceiling fixtures, combined with under cabinet lights to illuminate work surfaces and wall mounted lights to add focus to certain areas will all help to create the right mood. Wiring the different lighting types to function separately will enable you to quickly create a different look and feel. Don’t forget about making the most of natural light with window treatments such as shutters and blinds that enable you to control the amount of light you let in.
As you can see there are many ways to cut down the costs of your kitchen remodel without cutting out quality and style.